Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Intro to History of Photography



One thing that I learned about photography from completing this project is that photography can be used in all sorts of ways. Some of the photographers used it as art, while others used it for advertisements. I also learned about the original ideas and concepts of the camera. I had no idea that Greek philosophers were thinking of things like the Camera Obscura. I found that information really cool!  Another thing I learned was that photography is a relatively young form of art. It wasn’t invented that long ago (compared to other things) and it’s still being improved. People are coming up with new camera ideas and designs all the time! Cameras have been around for my whole life, so I never really thought about their history. I just assumed they had been here for a while, but in reality, they haven’t! Overall, I thought this project was very enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment